Re: about Dzongkha Version of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 launched

Hi!

* ping zorro <sinnim@gmail.com> [060823 15:13]:
> hello,I'm a student in china,and I'm using debian on my machine.My English
> is not good enough to express my idea,so I apologize for wasting your time
> to understand my ugly words.

No problem; my english isn't very well either, and I think I understood
your point.

> I found a little wrong in webpage of Debian.org.Please viste that
> webpage http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060719,you will read the
> words:"The Kingdom of Bhutan is a landlocked South Asian nation
> situated between India, Tibet and China."As a chinese,I'm very unhappy
> to read that words.Please let me explain why.At firest Tibit is a
> region,we can call it Xizang Autonomous Region in china,and it is a
> part of RPC,I don't think Tibit is a "nation",you can call it
> "state". [..]

Thanks, for your feedback, but could there be a small missunderstanding?
We don't say, that Tibet is a nation, just that the state of Bhutan is
situated between those three locations, where we don't make any remarks
about the status of these three locations.

If I remember correctly onf of the first drafts only mentioned "between
India and China", which seemed to inaccurate to us, since India and
China share a quite long border (and is even a more inaccurate
description, since the Indian-Chinese border is separated in two parts
by Nepal, isn't it?).  So we felt the need to add more information where
Bhutan is and added Tibet as a third location, just to clarify in which
part of asia Bhutan is.

I'm sorry if we hurt your feelings in our attemp to describe accurate
where Bhutan is, but I don't think we did something wrong, and while
thinking about it, I don't know an other phrase.  But feel free to
propose a better one.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander