Re: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

On Friday 23 December 2005 00:29, Kai Hendry wrote:
> So I ended going to this page back and forth several times, whilst
> searching for the "Etch Beta 1" installer and more specifically an
> Official Debian rescue CD.

The page reads:
<quote>
Installing with the Debian-Installer
====================================

For official Debian 3.1r1 installation media and information, see the
sarge page.

To install Debian testing, we recommend you use the etch beta 1 release of
the installer, after checking its errata. The following images are
available for beta 1:
</quote>

I'm sorry, but I don't get what's unclear about this...

Note that the page is a _project_ page, not in first instance an end-user
page. For download info the best entrance are the w.d.o/CD and
w.d.o/release pages.

The rescue mode is a new feature for any Etch installation CD (and some
other media) and not yet documented properly.
However, it is mentioned in the d-i FAQ [1].

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerFAQ