Re: LDAP Mail interface

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I was able to set my vacation record via
>
>    echo "onvacation: 19.5. - 29.5." | gpg --clearsign | mail change@db.debian.org
>
> But how to unset this record?  The syntax
>
>    echo "onvacation: " | gpg --clearsign | mail change@db.debian.org
>
> does not seem to work (see below).
Some fiddling around with quotes was successful.  I guess this should be
documented clearly at

    http://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html

which describes the mail interface.  The line

   echo "onvacation: ''" | gpg --clearsign | mail change@db.debian.org

unsets the vacation record and I would strongly vote for an example which
clearly points to the quoted empty string.

> I also tried to change my home pacge URL via
>
>    echo "labledurl: http://fam-tille.de"; | gpg --clearsign | mail change@db.debian.org
>
> which failed with the same error message
I tried to apply what I have learned to the labledurl field (interestingly enough
it is called labeledURI if you ping LDAP) but failed here.  I tried several
combinations of quotes and also the other command name

      labeledURI: 'http://fam-tille.de'

but always got the answer

      Command is not understood. Halted

Moreover I would suggest to change the footnote in the response mail from

    Please email admin@db.debian.org if you have any questions.

to something you would not really expect an answer if you send a question.
I've got no response after several weeks.

Kind regards

          Andreas.