Re: I don't understand News/2000/20000216.wml

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 04:36:10PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From: Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de>
> Subject: Re: I don't understand News/2000/20000216.wml
> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:42:35 +0100
>
> Here I think the meaning of the sentence is clear.  I propose
> to rewrite the sentence in the wml file like following:
>
>    Scan.pm y2k problem: Messages without "Date:" fields will
>    be processed wrongly in 2000 or later.

I agree. Please commit when nobody complains.
(One of my scripts found a missing "(" in the English file, you tried to
sync and now we are able to fix still another problem, great!)

> > KUBOTA, what about changing the indentation of the colons? The Japanese
> > file looks in konqueror similar to:
> > package        : im
> > version        : 1:100-3
> > architectures: all
> > issue              : Scan.pm y2k problem Date: filed missing message's
>
> Please see the page using Japanese-enabled environment.  The colons
> are already well aligned.  I imagine your browser cannot handle
> doublewidth characters.

You're right. It seems that my font is not able to display all Japanese
glyphs. A few were replaced with an empty box of different width.

> > PS: Three weeks ago I sent you two mails related to wrong URLs in Japanese
> > translation. You never replied ... I tried to fix most of these already
> > but it would be easier if I could speak Japanese :-))
>
> Is the message sent me directly, or to debian-www?  I could not find
> a direct message to me.  I am afraid I lost the message among spams....

I sent these directly to you and since I got no reply also to Keita
Maehara <maehara@debian.org>, another Japanese translation coordinator.

I will resend this mail to debian-www but please note that I fixed
already the most important errors (missing "http:" or "mailto:";, wrong
year in a security report (multiple times!!!), ...).
You also used often "http://www.debian.org"; instead of $(HOME) as in
english/, why? $(HOME) is preferred since this suports mirroring IIRC.

PS: I'm sure there are many more wrong URLs in japanese/. But because the
order in which these occur is different compared with english/, it was
hard for me to compare.

After refining my script I will post it to debian-www so that you can
apply this too once or twice a year.

Jens