Re: I don't understand News/2000/20000216.wml

* Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de> [2004-03-15 01:42]:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:03:27AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
>>   package      : im
>>   version      : 1:100-3
>>   architectures: all
>>   issue        : Scan.pm y2k problem Date: filed missing message's date
>>                  (was incorrect in 2000 or later).
>> ------
>>
>> In the "issue", I imagine "filed" should be "field".  Am I right?
>
> As far as I understand it means something similar to
> "Scan.pm y2k problem Date: fixed missing message's date
>  (was incorrect in 2000 or later)."

 I don't read it as fixed, I see nothing in that line that says that it
is fixed. Maybe in the context of the news item. Ah, read it now, of
course it is talking of the fix of that problem, but thats not what is
written here.

> I looked up "filed" in my dictionary as well and had problems to
> understand it so I also suggest to change this. Maybe it should be
> "filled"?

 My first guess was "to file" as in "to file a bugreport" aka to report
it. But this doesn't apply here. I guess Kubotasan is correct when
guessing that it means field. Although the german translations seems to
say that I am right :)

 So long,
Alfie
--
Also, dass du mich als Script Kiddie beschimpfst überseh ich einfach mal. Also
ich hab gelesen, dass bestimmte Backdoors auf den Source-Port reagieren und