Re: Moving files to different locations

Andreas Tille:

>     3. Are Symlinks possible in CVS????
>        On my static pages I often use Symlinks to the old directory.

Symbolic links are never a good idea for web pages, since it makes them
appear at different pages on the web site, since HTTP doesn't have the
concept of a symbolic link. This means that it will be included twice
in search engines, etc., which some engines might see as a way to try
to "pollute" the database with identical copies and stop you from
doing.

The best thing would be to put up a permanent redirect (301), but that
can't be done without .htaccess or similar tweaking, and we can't do
that. A small redirector page is probably the best solution.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/