wrapping of the navigation bar

Hi,

With the current navbar, when the total width of images exceed the screen
width, they extra ones on the right hand side wrap down to the next line.
That way the thing stops being a bar, and instead becomes a large, ugly
quadratic form.

As you know, I've recently added a "button" for the site map, and changed
the text of "Distribution" to "Getting Debian". Both of these changes make
sense to everyone, I hope, but they have a negative side, too -- they make
several translations wrap even at 800x600. A large majority wraps at
640x480 and in 80x25 (the ALT tags).

We can't reduce the width much, but we can make them wrap better -- if half
(4) of the images are on one horizontal line and the other half (3) is on
the other, it looks a bit better.

However, to do the wrapping that way, I couldn't figure out any better way
other than using the non-standard <nobr> tag, which works in the Mozillas
only. I tried using \ and &nbsp;s, and more nested table madness, but none
of it produced the result I was hoping for. I didn't try anything related to
CSS, though that's got an availability problem just like <nobr>.

Does anyone happen to have an idea how this could be done?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.