Re: Dutch debian site in wrong language (indonesian?)

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 08:56:10PM +0100, Coert Klaver wrote:
> While checking out the debian websites, I found it rather confusing to find
> the dutch debian site in another language than dutch ( is it indonesian /
> malayan?). Check yourself at: http://www.nl.debian.org/

Like the two other people told you, this is a browser problem that's not
hard to fix by tuning the language preferences.

However, there is a slight bit of misconfiguration on that particular
server:

% wget -q -O - --header="Accept-Language: nl" http://www.nl.debian.org/ | grep lang=
% wget -q -O - --header="Accept-Language: en-us" http://www.nl.debian.org/ | grep lang=
% wget -q -O - --header="Accept-Language: foo" http://www.nl.debian.org/ | grep lang=

You saw the Indonesian page because the server was acting silly, and thought
it didn't have anything else to give you. Stupid Apache :)

I'm CC:ing Miquel van Smoorenburg who admins that site. Miquel, this can be
fixed simply by following instructions that I have sent before, update the
AddLanguage and LanguagePriority options using settings from
http://www.debian.org/mirror/webmirror

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.