Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joy: webwml/ hinese/Bugs/Access.wml hinese/Bugs/Dev ...

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:03:49PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> > You're not supposed to translate "Debian bug tracking system" and
> > "Copyright".
>
> Why not? None of the strings have any particular meaning in Swedish. And
> I've translated them everywhere else, so it will just look stupid to have
> those not translated.

The program is called "Debian bug tracking system" and nothing else. "Debian
sustav praæenja bugova" et al can be used in the text to tell the reader
what that is but the authoritative name is the English one. The same is for
Copyright, it's a legal text that is valid in English because it's written
under the jurisdiction of English-speaking courts.

(And it's not like nobody knows what "Copyright (C)" means anyway...)

Note that we don't really _have_ to have that stuff in the BTS footer but
since we do, it should be done this way, which is also easier to maintain.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.