Partial checkout - what's missing?!

Hi,

I'm trying to build the files under /CD/ over here. This is what I've
checked out so far:

cvs checkout -l webwml webwml/english
cvs checkout webwml/english/CD
cvs checkout webwml/english/template
cvs checkout webwml/english/Pics
cvs checkout webwml/english/logos
cvs checkout webwml/Perl
cvs checkout webwml/english/banners

"cd CD && make index.en.html" works fine, executing:
wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2002 -o UNDEFuEN:index.en.html@g+w   index.wml

But the same thing does not work in any of the subdirectories, e.g.
"cd CD/jigdo-cd && make" gives
make: *** No rule to make target `index.en.html', needed by `all'.  Stop.

Obviously, CD/Makefile contains a rule for index.$(LANGUAGE).html,
whereas CD/jigdo-cd/Makefile does not. But surely there's an implicit
rule somewhere?

I think I've missed something, but what?
Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

  Richard

--