Re: Logical changes in header/footer

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:04:30PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:56:21AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > the current use of wml::debian::header and wml::debian::footer does not
> > seem logical to me, mostly because wml::debian::footer is embedded
> > within many templates and does not contain </body></html>.
> > Basically this patch
> >   * appends <body> into header.wml
> >   * appends </body>:}</html> into footer.wml
> >   * remove #use wml::debian::footer when unnecessary
>
> No, don't add <body> to header.wml, it prevents cdimage.wml from changing the
> Whether cdimage.wml should be changing <body> or not is another issue.
> But I think that this should be modifiable without as many duplications as
> there are now.

I took care of this, look at the patch ;)

Here is my rationale for this addition:
  * templates are much more simple if wml::debian::footer contains
    because wml::debian::footer can be added in the template layout
    and removed from all other templates
  * thus I found logical to embed <html>...<body> inside wml::debian::header
    for symmetry reasons.

Denis