Re: Canadian Company Claims RDF Patent

FYI, isn't that just a wonderful world of patents?

Regards,

	Joey

http://slashdot.org/yro/02/01/04/0119215.shtml

    Canadian Company Claims RDF Patent

    *Posted by timothy[1] on Thursday January 03, @08:29PM*

    *from the patenting dept.*

    quinticent writes: "Looks like they are at it again. Companies
    seem to like to let a standard become, well, standard before
    pulling out the lawyers to claim they own a patent on it. Now some
    Canadian company is claiming they own a US patent on RDF (doesn't
    Slashdot use RDF?). When will the US government realize that
    allowing patents on common ideas is just wrong? The CNet article
    is here[2]."

    Links:
    1. http://www.monkey.org/~timothy/
    2. http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-8351560.html?tag=lthd

--
Crap can work.
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a good idea.