Re: Terminology (was: Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by danish: webwml/english/intro organization.tags)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:27:03 +0200 (CEST), peter karlsson wrote:

>> It was on purpose, as "firewall" is used much more often in Danish (and
>> people immediately know what's being talked about).
>
>Well, that happens in Swedish as well, but that doesn't make it
>right...

Nor does it make it wrong, at least not in Danish when there's no
official word.

Besides, the particular Danish translation wasn't grammatically correct
(it meant "firebricklayer", what ever that is) - where did you find it?

>> Thanks for studying my changes so closely. :-)
>
>I like to compare the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish translations to get
>ideas on better usage.

I do the same, usually when I'm feeling lazy (I like to work the
translations out myself) or at a loss how to translate something.

>When I started the Swedish translation, I used
>the Danish pages that were available as a base.

There weren't very many Danish translations at the time I took over
(less than ten pages), but enough for you to get started, I suppose.

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>