Re: english/events/materials/posters - please explain!!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:17:53PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Well, is there any need for CVS? Will these things ever change, do they need
> version control?
>
> We can put them in www.debian.org without using CVS.

	I agree with you in that the posters files could be removed from
CVS and put them in www.debian.org, I did not know how to do this, though.

> Well, any kind of warning would have sufficed. Just dumping 50 MB on them
> isn't nice.

	Ok. How can we send a warning? Maybe this kind of procedures
should be documented (are they?)

> Note also that relatively small number of people set up Debian booths, so
> this doesn't seem to be stuff that would be of interest to the general
> public.

	(Cough) Well, although the material is *primarily* oriented
towards people setting up boots, if you take a look a the (cool :)
posters, stickers, images are more merchandising thatn anything so they
can be used by the general public IMHO. People might want to make
even their own business cards with Debian's openlogo...

> <shrug> I don't like to belittle anyone's work, but it does seem that a
> bunch of static images don't belong to CVS.

	OK. Remove the posters from CVS (should the others images be
removed too) but there still is the "problem"  that they are going to be
published in any case on WWW. How should I contact the mirror maintainers?
How should we proceed with mirrors with space shortage?

	Javi