Re: html 4.0 validation for the site.

Josip Rodin:

> Read that first sentence of mine you quoted above.

Yes? What's the problem with moving the <font> tag inside it?

> Yeah, everything is broken and it is absolutely necessary to pass all the
> HTML validity checks

Yes, it has. All pages should be valid, otherwise we could just go home
and don't do web pages. I work for a company that developes a web
browser, and one of the biggest problem is that we constantly have to
make our software break the rules because of stupid webmasters that
can't code HTML correctly¹.

> in the world right this moment no matter how will it look in browsers
> that are actually used.

If HTML is used correctly, it will look as intended in all browsers. If
HTML is abused, it will probably look awful in at least one browser.

> Ability isn't the problem, it's willingness.

That's even worse.

> > do you use a syntax-forgiving C compiler as well?
> Don't mix apples and oranges.

Okay; do you you use a syntax-forgiving LaTeX version? (Mine isn't)

¹All right, I'm not entirely without guilt in this regard, but at least
 I try to make my pages validate, even though I don't always succeed.
 However, when I amn't able to, I don't claim that my pages are
 correct.
--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html