Re: html 4.0 validation for the site.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:28:18AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> > Read that first sentence of mine you quoted above.
>
> Yes? What's the problem with moving the <font> tag inside it?

Then all the other files get that font setting, which is not what we want.

> > Yeah, everything is broken and it is absolutely necessary to pass all the
> > HTML validity checks
>
> Yes, it has. All pages should be valid, otherwise we could just go home
> and don't do web pages. I work for a company that developes a web
> browser, and one of the biggest problem is that we constantly have to
> make our software break the rules because of stupid webmasters that
> can't code HTML correctly¹.

Feel free to vent your frustration with those webmasters that do much worse
hacks, not me! You'll have plenty of very nasty people to bitch at, I'm sure.

> > in the world right this moment no matter how will it look in browsers
> > that are actually used.
>
> If HTML is used correctly, it will look as intended in all browsers.

You don't get my point, which I've explained already... forget about it.

> > > do you use a syntax-forgiving C compiler as well?
> > Don't mix apples and oranges.
>
> Okay; do you you use a syntax-forgiving LaTeX version? (Mine isn't)

I don't use TeX :>