Re: html 4.0 validation for the site.

Josip Rodin:

> How not useful error message. It actually doesn't like <p> inside <font>,
> because tidy shows this:

Of course it doesn't, you cannot have a block (<p>) element inside an
inline element (<font>).

> However, that's not quite straightforward to fix because all that text
> within <font></font> is in another file, the footer template. OTOH we could
> just drop the helvetica font, there's no need to have that box font same as
> the font in the other blue box, I just thought it would look consistent.

Or you could do it right, and put the <p> outside the <font>.

> That's a hack to get more spacing between subsections of text.

...which doesn't work in all browsers (only the ones that are broken).
Just like the <br><br> hack (which I believe Lynx shows correctly - as
only one line break).

Just a thought to people that can't write valid HTML code; do you use a
syntax-forgiving C compiler as well?

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html