Search template again

I see that some people have started adding their language slices into
searchtmpl which is good.

Currently, only the Polish template is being created, I'm wondering if
translators have forgotten to:
  * mkdir webwml/<mylang>/searchtmpl
  * cp webwml/english/searchtmpl/search.wml webwml/<mylang>/searchtmpl
  * edit webwml/<mylang>/Makefile so SUBS knows about searchtmpl

Also for people who like squiggles in their charset (I mean 8-bit
charsets) please be patient!  I have to re-index all the pages with the
new charsets again.  The problem is by default this is what happens:
  * Every day udmsearch gets a list of pages that it indexed at least 7
    days ago, this means it won't even bother checking a page has
    changed until 7 days since the last time it checked.
  * On that list it runs a hash on each page, no change on the hash
    means it doesn't bother to re-index.

Now the problem is that with this charset problem the page didn't change
just the interpretation.  I'll have to re-index all the pages again.
Any pages that change (allowing for the 7 day delay) will get indexed
in the usual process.

As the only template I can see is English (which uses 7 bit and is ok)
and Polish, I've started on re-indexing their pages first.  It will take
some time but it is only a teething problem.  I'll probably do a few
languages a day. I'd like to spread them around on different days so
the 7 day "birthday" is not the same for each language. 20 languages,
7 days means 3 a day.

This only effects searches for a word with 8-bit characters, you can
search now for any word with 7-bit characters.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>