Re: translation-check.wml

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 06:09:09PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> I just committed my updates to the translation-check.wml file in
> english/template/debian. It contains the following updates:
>
> * You can specify a source language if the original version is not
>   English (I use this in english/international/Swedish.wml)
>
> * There are now two severities, after two changes, a message saying
>   that the translation is aged appears, and after five, a message
>   saying it is outdated, and providing a link to the original page
>   (taking into account the source language configured above).
>   The number of revisions can be configured.
>
> * Moved the hard-coded message out to slices, so now it can be
>   translated (thus translation-check-fr.wml can be removed).

These are good ideas. One question, though: will 2 types of
'out-of-dateness' be enough?

> This should make it quite usable. Now only the dependencies for the
> translation on the original versions need to be added so that the
> messages appear automatically.

As Josip pointed out, making the translations depend on the originals would
be too resource-hungry. That's why i made a small perl script (posted Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:27:16 +0200), that checks if the translated file should
be rebuilt. I'll add support for the features you added to
translation-check.wml to it by Monday.

regards
Marcin
--