Re: Help fix bad links on the web site

I have regenerated all the pages after fixing the regex. Many of them
are much smaller now. :)

I should point out one particular problem (there are others) with
the current urlchecker. If a link to a dir does not contain a
final /, then the root doesn't get set correctly and links will
be searched in the wrong directory. For example:
  Looking into http://localhost/releases/potato/alpha/release-notes
    http://localhost/releases/potato/alpha/ch-whats-new.en.html : error 404 Not Found
The link is actually to
http://localhost/releases/potato/alpha/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html
To fix this, you need to find the page that linked to
http://localhost/releases/potato/alpha/release-notes and fix that.
BTW, it is more efficient to add the final / to directory links
so they should be used. It saves an extra http request.
I hope this paragraph makes sense.

Finally, I will regenerate the bad links pages tonight after the
mirror run.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org