would translations like the ability to just translate news headlines?

An idea that occurred to me is that translations may like an easy way
to translate only the titles of news items. Currently, if you translate
an entire news item and place it into the <lang>/News/<year> directory
with the same name as the english version, the translated title will
be used in the news index files for that language. There is no
mechanism for translating only the title.

This would involve making some changes to the News section so I
don't want to do it unless there is strong interest. I haven't even
given any thought yet as to how it would be done. :)

Jay Treacy