having the pages off debian.org have been:

 1. I have direct access to fatman

 2. fatman is not mirrored, so it's always up-to-date and CGI scripts run
    on the same system

 3. I have a separate web directory, so their are no "conflicts" when
    others change their pages, too.

(4. the pages don't necessarily have to use the same "style" as on
    debian.org ;-)

#1 and #4 are obsolete now (my net connection to master is good enough and
I like the current style :), but the mirroring still puzzles me. If a page
is changed on master, it usually takes a day until www.debian.org get's it
(right?). I think this is too slow for me. (I want to put out new pages
and reference them right afterwards.)

I know, that one can access the pages on master before they are mirrored
too, but the URL's don't look very "user-friendly".

It would probably be good to discuss several ideas:

 - Setting up a new host "wwwmaster.debian.org" which is an alias for
   //master.debian.org/www-master/debian.org

 - Make www.debian.org mirror pages faster, or perhaps "on demand" by
   calling a script.

 - Setting up "staff.debian.org" pointing to master. Every developer who
   needs to set up (Debian-specific only) web pages for the project can
   put the files into public_html/ of his/her home directory. The URL
   would be
     http://staff.debian.org/~schwarz/
   for example.

   (I would put my pages on "staff" and "fatman" then, so we have at least
   two different servers to get the pages from.)

Am I making things unnecessary complicated? Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/