Re: fatman too slow from US?

On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 11:21:17AM +0100, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> I was told that my Debian web pages on "fatman" are sometimes awfully slow
> when accessed from the US. (Is this true?)

Other way round, va is partially horrible slow from several places.

>  - Make www.debian.org mirror pages faster, or perhaps "on demand" by
>    calling a script.

www.debian.org runs on va, not master.  Does master still contain the
master web pages?  I thought they were moved to va?

If master still contains the web-master I could think of installing a
script that lets the poeple who are designing web-pages for Debian
start the mirror.  This can be done very easy by configuring 'super'.

Regards

	Joey

 /              Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop /
/ http://home.pages.de/~joey/           or in front of a mirror /