Re: dame_gender

> El sáb., 4 abr. 2020 a las 23:53, Jessica Clarke (<jrtc27@debian.org>) escribió:
> >
> > You can raise your voice and disagree wholeheartedly whilst still being polite.
> > Even if someone is a huge bigot that doesn't give you free rein to be rude, as
> > tempting and justifiable as it *feels*.

This is tone policing, and I would like to request that members on the
list stop engaging in it: http://www.robot-hugs.com/2016/01/tone-policing/

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 12:02:05AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:

> Debian Code of Conduct: https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct.en.html

Any code of conduct that does not distinguish between harm done to a
marginalized group and the response to that harm is ineffective.

As for the software in question, slapping a free license on an unethical
project does not make it ethical. To the original poster: a number of
people have pointed out your project does harm. Doing harm under a GPL
license does not make it any better.

- e