Re: NewbieProjects (wiki page, how I started contributing to Debian)

Quoting Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org):
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 07:30:17AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > We need two more DDs (as I am still doing the job every week).
>
> ... or relaxing the constraint that reviewers are DDs :)

I was thinking about this while writing the mail you answered to, indeed.

> Just saying, but this seems a beneficial step that would unlock useful
> contributions from newbies possible. Of course I'm not proposing that
> any random person out there should, by default, be able to do the
> reviews but if, say, that could be technically delegated to an Alioth
> group, that would be already welcoming enough, no?

I guess the original requirement was driven by the need of somehow
trustworthy persons to do the job (just to avoid "random" people to
just request for an account for this job (accounts are, IIRC, manually
handled by listmasters)). The point, here, being that motivated people
could indeed quite easily create conditions for blind erasing
legitimate mails in the list archives. At least, I guess this was the
motivation.