Re: Project for someone with time and will: website update

2011/4/28 Karolina Kalic <karolina@resenje.org>:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 20:02, Lesley Binks <lesley.binks@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 28 April 2011 17:47, Karolina Kalic <karolina@resenje.org> wrote:
>
>> Why should we make it harder on ourselves just so some bloke(!) can
>> get the kudos of having built a website for part of the Debian project?
>
> Because of this kind of insulting in the past Debian has lost many
> contributors. Fortunately, there are so much more people in Debian who are
> kind and respectful towards other contributors including my boyfriend and
> me, and we don't need any other kudos then that. I only gave a constructive
> suggestion, this kind of responses are example how we won't attract more
> people/women in Debian.

I really think that you should try to calm down a bit and not taking
this so personally. I understand that you can feel hurt and offended,
and I guess thar probably the difference of cultures is working here
too. Some cultures tend to be more assertive and direct than others,
and it takes time to get used to it. I personally thank Lesley for
being so clear and straightforward, because sometimes trying to be too
politically correct only makes this kind of discussions endless.

Please, keep in mind that some of the people here prefering a woman
for doing this task, and having technology preferences -in this case
with the goal of have a technological synergy with the main Debian
site- is nothing personal against your boyfriend.

Greetings,
Miry