Re: PEAR policy recommendations

Le Ven 8 Juillet 2005 19:17, Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
> > One other minor thing, is it really correct to remove the .registry
> > directory? As far as I can tell, that should actually be
> > maintained.
>
> yes it is, because I don't want them to be registered in the .deb
> content. those are created by my call (in postinst) of pear.

the reason for not registering them in the package file list is
twofold :
 (1) it's less vital to be able to check their soundness :
     - I suppose pear do that already
     - those are not used by the programmer, and are only PEAR internals
 (2) since those are PEAR internals, the day they decide to change sth,
     php-pear will modify the registry, and will break every debsums for
     those files, so we definitely *DON'T* want to have them in the
     package for real. those are managed by PEAR, and those should
     *ONLY* be managed by PEAR, beeing internals.

I hope I'm still understandable, don't hesitate to ask for mor
explanations.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit