Re: Bikeshedding

On 15358 March 1977, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

And less "I'm the package maintainer, this is my castle, go away" and
more "This is how the majority does it, you follow, the benefit of it
being one way, not a dozen different, outweight some personal
preferences".
Let's cut to the chase of this.

Statement: every Debian package must be maintained in Git on salsa and
every Debian Developer with upload rights to the archive should have
commit/push right to every packaging repository on salsa.

DPL candidates: do you agree with this statement?

Well, you took it from one of my mails, so it is mostly what I said, so
yeah. Concepts like LowThresholdNMU are nice, but the wrong way around.

If so, what will be your approach to make this a reality?

I think the DPL can (try to) start and steer discussions the right way.
In the end something that drastic will need a project decision on it,
either by everyone just doing it (highly unlikely given our project) or
a GR.

It's also possible that something this big needs more resources thrown
at (like scaling salsa or the ci around it), in that a DPL can obviously
use the assets available in the best possible way. Be that with sprints,
throwing hardware at it, whatever.

--
bye, Joerg