Re: Bikeshedding

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 11:38:43PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> And less "I'm the package maintainer, this is my castle, go away" and
> more "This is how the majority does it, you follow, the benefit of it
> being one way, not a dozen different, outweight some personal
> preferences".

Let's cut to the chase of this.

Statement: every Debian package must be maintained in Git on salsa and
every Debian Developer with upload rights to the archive should have
commit/push right to every packaging repository on salsa.

DPL candidates: do you agree with this statement?
If so, what will be your approach to make this a reality?

(I'm putting on the side, on purpose, the problem of different workflows
that Joerg has highlighted. Not because it's not a real problem, but
because I think it's a distraction to discussing/fixing the more
substantial problem of access rights and package ownership.)

Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o