Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

On 15352 March 1977, ansgar@debian.org wrote:

Do you think Debian should be more active to establish (official)
presence on newer platforms?

For those that are free, sure.

In particular I also wonder if Debian should look at Matrix[1]: it is a
free and decentralized platform, and the UI (of Riot[2]) seems more
friendly than IRC clients.

I think that doesn't need a DPL. Anyone who wants can do it. And setup
(to speeak in irc terms) channels for the users to get in. And then it
can go the usual way of "the more people use it, the more important it
becomes".

Similar things also apply to mailing lists; there are solutions that
might be more accessible to some users (e.g. mailman3's web interface
which for example Fedora uses).  Though I can't say much about those as
I haven't used them so far.

While I agree that some "more modern" going way would be nice for lists,
I don't think that is an easy task. Nor one where DPL can do much
(unless listmasters need some resources that DPL can approve for such a
change). Its up to the listmasters, though as far as i know, our current
setup is anything but easily converted.

--
bye, Joerg