Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

Quoting "John Paul Adrian Glaubitz", who wrote on 2019-03-25 at 20:23 Uhr +0100:
Does Matrix allow a client to be idling on some server to act as a bouncer?

There's matrix-ircd, which is in theory a client that acts as an IRCd. I write "in theory" because it's abandonware.

But otherwise with Matrix you don't need bouncers. Your homeserver is your bouncer. You can log in there with many devices, and they'll all sync whenever online.