Re: Question for DD candidates: The race against NOTA

Le Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:32:22PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf a écrit :

> What would be different if there was no leader? Where would the
> project lose more? Would it gain in some aspect?

Hello Gunnar,

Biology shows that complex systems often evolved “leaders”, even when they are
selected or take their actions randomly. In Debian as well, I think that a DPL
or an equivalent function is necessary, not as a position of power, an official
face or a model to follow, but as a piece of the machine that makes a
coordinated project, as opposed to a fruitful but ephemeral collaboration of
independant entities.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles