Re: Question to Candidates: Disappearing DPLs?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:30 AM, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:

>  I have a question to the candidates: History has shown that DPLs more
> or less disappear not too long after their period or at least reduce
> their visible efforts immensly. I wonder where you see the reasons for
> this trend, what your impression is about it and wether you try to
> follow that trend or what you will try to do to not have this happen to
> you, too.

As has been stated by people previously holding the DPL role, it's a
very time consuming task, which tends to take away quite a lot of that
person's time.  Thus, I feel it as only natural to want to have a
"break" to catch back with all the stuff that had to be relegated
during the DPL term.

I don't necessarily view it as a bad thing.  Sometimes, taking a
"sabbatical" means being able to come back to keep working on the
project with renewed energies... Unfortunately, it also sometimes
means completely disappearing from the project.

Debian plays a very central role in my life, so no matter how burned
out I could become, I would not totally disappear after the term.
However, I'd like to prevent the burning out as much as possible.  For
that to happen, I intend to delegate a lot.  I don't intend to be a
"solo" leader.  For all the initiatives that I plan to do, I'd first
form a team of people and work with them into putting the ideas into
action.

--
Besos,
Marga