Re: Question to all Candidates: Project Funds and donations

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:37:35AM +0700, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >> b) What qualifies a contributor to become a "Debian Partner"? What
> >>    qualifies a "Debian Partner"?
> >
> > I don't think we have a formal list of "Debian Partners" (but I could be
> > wrong). I'm also not convinced we need one.
> >
> > If we do have such a list that I'm not aware of, it might be a good idea
> > to see if it's working well. I don't think I'll be working much in this
> > area, however.
>
> http://www.debian.org/partners/

Right; so the partnership program is a way to acknowledge long-time
Debian contributing organisations, such as sponsors, donors, etc.

It could be a proper way to thank such organisations; however, it might
be good to more actively work on that list. For instance, it still lists
Sun Microsystems as a partner (we may have to confirm they still want to
be one, and replace the name by Oracle if they do); and some of the
links to "more information" to some of the partners' websites that I
followed are dead, which could mean that they've stopped helping Debian.

I'm not sure that fits my definition of 'working well'; I should
probably look into this a bit more, though.

trying to fool the system.