Re: Question to all Candidates: 2IC

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> a little question to all those up for the next DPL:
> Do you plan on taking on a "2IC" or a team?
> If so: Who? And why this/those?

I don't plan to take a 2IC or a DPL team, in the sense of someone else
receiving leader@.

I do plan, however, to delegate many tasks.  Both in the
constitutional and in the everyday use of the word.

One of the things I learned from DebConf organization, particularly
while organizing DebConf8, is that delegating is hard, but it's very
important to be able to do it.  In my experience, we geeks tend to
feel that we have to do everything ourselves, otherwise the task won't
get done properly (or at least not exactly how we thought about it).
However, my vision is that it's essential to delegate, otherwise the
task won't get done at all.

So, while not having a particular appointed 2IC, I do plan to ask a
lot of people for help on the many things I'd like to accomplish.  And
I also do plan to mention, thank and appreciate all the help received,
no matter how small the task.

--
Besos,
Marga