Re: Question to all Candidates: 2IC

Le Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 01:12:57AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> Heyho,
>
> a little question to all those up for the next DPL:
>
> Do you plan on taking on a "2IC" or a team?
> If so: Who? And why this/those?

Hi Joerg,

If I understand correctly, the 2IC is another person that gets the emails for
leader@debian.org. I hope that the traffic on this address is low enough and
that I can take vacations without blocking the project, so I do not plan to
team up with a 2IC.

I do not plan either to assemble a team. I think that the role of the DPL is to
help the Project to keep cohesion and avoid inertia, and I am not sure that a
team will be more efficient in this than a single person: if we stimulate
Debian in many different directions, the opposite effect can be reached!

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan