Re: RFC: General resolution: Clarify the status of the social contract

On Fri, Dec 19 2008, Luk Claes wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>         I like the idea of clarifying what the principles of the project
>>  actually are, since, as aj said, all the decisions about lenny would
>>  fall out from the position the project take about the foundation
>>  documents. While I have always thought that "foundation" implied  the
>>  proposal below, apparently this is not a universally held view.
>
> You want to clarify what the principles of the project really are and
> all you talk about is point 1 of the Social Contract??!
>
> Maybe you take the other points for granted, though it surely looks
> strange to me.

        So, where is your proposed wording which will not appear strange
 to you?

> I also think it's rather strange to talk about binding and non-binding
> regarding 'Guidelines'. As long as it are guidelines, the question will
> always remain how to interprete them in any circumstance AFAICS.

        The social contract is supposedly a contract. Also, the last two
 of thte options in the mail seem to be where you are coming from. If
 not feel free to suggest other options or better wording.

        manoj
--
Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world. Lily Tomlin