Re: GR proposal - Restricted-media amendments to the DFSG

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:

>  First, I disagree that such a change is necessary (if it were, the GR
> itself would already include the needed changes and require 3:1
> supermajority).
>
>  Second, these amendments would make this example license DFSG-free:
>
> [...]

   Indeed. Would such a wording be acceptable:

    "As a special exception, the license may forbid use of
    technical measures to restrict access or use of the software
    itself, as long as the license author promises that such a
    clause will be rescinded real soon now."

Sam.