Re: GR proposal - Restricted-media amendments to the DFSG

El jueves,  6 de abril de 2006 a las 09:04:35 +0200, Josselin Mouette escribía:

> At the end of DFSG #2, the following text should be added:
>         "The license may restrict distribution to some kinds of media if
>         it is still possible to distribute the source code and compiled
>         code together on at least one machine-readable medium."
> At the end of DFSG #6, the following text should be added:
>         "As a special exception, the license may forbid use of
>         technical measures to restrict access or use of the software
>         itself."

 First, I disagree that such a change is necessary (if it were, the GR
itself would already include the needed changes and require 3:1
supermajority).

 Second, these amendments would make this example license DFSG-free:

Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holders>

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to
deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the
rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

The Software may only be distributed on 90-colum punch cards manufactured in
or before 1975.

All security measures in computers where the Software is installed must be
deactivated.

STANDARD ALL-CAPS DISCLAIMER

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/