Re: Candidate questions: expulsions process

MJ Ray wrote:

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
You said:

ITYM wrote.

Say (said, saying, says):
2. To express in words: Say what's on your mind.
3. a. To state as one's opinion or judgment; declare: I say let's eat out.
b. To state as a determination of fact: It's hard to say who is right in this matter..

Since you expressed your opinion in words, I think the use of the word "said" is quite proper

Any voices you heard reading debian-vote to you today
were not mine. If you can't distinguish between me and the voices
you hear reading debian-vote to you, please ask your doctor.

As a neutral party to this debate, I nonetheless think that such a insult, even if said jokingly and meant to be funny detracts from the value of open and productive discourse. Let us debate grand and noble ideas, not get bogged down in petty details.

Respectfully,
Benjamin