Re: Candidate questions: expulsions process

You said:

>> > 2. Do you believe it would be fair to cite someone's non-technical
>> >    socio-religious views in the reasoning for or against expulsion?

which seems to imply that you believe that some people in the project
would be willing to discriminate against people on the basis of their
socio-religious views[1]. However, you don't seem to have any evidence
of that. Why do you believe that this is a question that needs
answering? Should DPL candidates be asked if they think it's fair for
developers to beat their wives?

[1] Rather than, say, the effect that their socio-religious views have
on their ability to work within the project. If I believe that it's
my religious duty to respond to every email I receive with the word
"cock"[2], it's clear that the project should discriminate against me.

[2] Some would argue that this is closely aligned with reality. I
decline to comment.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org