Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 09:09:40AM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:32:45 +0000, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> said:
> >> They should be treated like people who don't follow their duties,
> > 	We have duties now? Can you point to me where it says that? I
> >  looked all over the constitution, and failed.
> The Constitution doesn't say that you _have_ to take on the maintenance of
> packages X, Y and Z, but _if_ you do, you take on the duty of doing so
> properly, in the manner specified by Policy et al.

Eh? No, it doesn't. It says quite the opposite:

    1. Nothing in this constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to do
       work for the Project. A person who does not want to do a task
       which has been delegated or assigned to them does not need to do
       it. However, they must not actively work against these rules and
       decisions properly made under them.

Anyone surely includes people who are maintainers, considering almost
everyone who's covered by the Debian constitution is a maintainer.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004