Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:32:45 +0000, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> said:

> * Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2004-03-05 15:25]:
>> > I disagree with this.  I think that maintainers who neglect their
>> > duties and don't follow documented procedures (orphan their
>> > packages, inform the keyring maintainer that they are leaving the
>> > project [1]) should not be treated the same as maintainers who
>> > leave the project properly.
>>
>> Then how should they be treated, exactly?

> They should be treated like people who don't follow their duties,

	We have duties now? Can you point to me where it says that? I
 looked all over the constitution, and failed.

> which is what they did.  In practice, this means that someone who
> left Debian properly by resigning can easily come back by mailing
> the keyring maintainer.  Those who did not retire properly, on the
> other hand, will have to go through New Maintainer in order to
> ensure they understand their duties and procedures in Debian.  --

 	I think we need to ask the NM team where they are making this
 stuff about duties up from. Since when have we stopped being a
 collection of volunteers? When did the slave driving start? Can I
 have a whip?

	manoj
--
"May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world." The
Quayles' 1989 Christmas card. [Not a beacon of literacy, though.]