Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proot SSD voting methodsGR

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:25:59 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:

>> I am pretty sure I do not want people who can't even spend a
>> modicum of effort to learn about the issues at hand to have any
>> influence on how things are done -- we are supposed to be the

> How much effort do you consider reasonable?

	Whatever it takes to get an understanding of the topic you
 profess to be interested in.

> Do you want me to read the whole discussion of the last year? Not

	If that is what it takes. Or reading the election methods
 website. This is not a test. You do however much reading it takes to
 get comfortable with the ideas presented.

> that interested, sorry.

	As aj said, no one is holding a gun to your head to make you vote.

> Frankly all I wanted was to be involved in an important Debian
> decision,

	And getting informed comes at a price. Some things are
 complicated, and with reason.

> and couldn't find readily accessible information until I
> asked for it.  (Accessible meaning concise, not just easy to find at
> lists.d.o.)

	If you are willing to unreservedly accept someone elses
 opinion and summary (and a single persons at that, with no opposition
 viewpoint) I do not understand why you could not just take the
 sponsors voews that it was a good thing.

	Reading an executive summary is not getting informed.

> It seems that you think anyone who hasn't followed the discussion
> for the past year doesn't deserve a vote.

	No. Anyone who does not have a clue about what is going on
 does not deserve a say in the decision.

> I guess my comments had some effect given that you added that URL to
> the final CFV.

	I cringe at the thought that you consider an one person
 executive summary adequate information to actually vote on this
 issue.

	manoj
--
A motivational sign at work: "The beatings will continue until morale
improves."