Re: current A.6 draft

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:20:59PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> The first attempt didn't make it, apparently.

Yes, it turns out that it double-bounced before it got to
lists.debian.org.

> > 	  c. An option, A, defeats an option, B, if N(A,B)*V(A,B) is
> > 	     larger than N(A,B)*V(B,A), and the (A,B) defeat has not
> > 	     been dropped.
>
> This does not make sense. One of the N(A,B)s needs to be N(B,A).

Thanks.  Should be:

. . 	  c. An option, A, defeats an option, B, if N(A,B)*V(A,B) is
. . 	     larger than N(B,A)*V(B,A), and the (A,B) defeat has not
. . 	     been dropped.

> >           e. If a majority of n:1 is required for A, and B is the default
> >              option, N(B,A) is n.  In all other cases, N(B,A) is 1.
>
> I would generalize that to n:m (a 60% majority is 3:2, for instance).

Why?  Describing this would make the draft more verbose -- what does
this complexity do for us?

> >      4. If there are defeats within the Schwartz set, we drop the weakest
> > 	such defeats, and return to step 4.
> >
> Step 3 -- you need to construct a new Schwartz set!

Thanks, I overlooked this when I renumbered the options.

--
Raul