Re: supermajority options

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:45:36PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> What are we doing in all these discussions if it isn't "bargaining"?

Improving our understanding of the matter, and the implications of
proposed solutions. The idea is to find out what drawbacks other people
see in your proposal and change your proposal to avoid those drawbacks;
likewise, when other people come up with proposals, they're supposed to
find out what problems you think their's causes, and work to fix that.

Once the problem is understood fully, and we've found a solution that
either doesn't have drawbacks, or a number of solutions where we can
properly understand the tradeoffs amongst them and can't find any way
to avoid having to make them, we're in a position to make an informed
choice.

Cheers,
aj