Re: Nov 19 draft of voting amendment

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:25:00PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:59:54AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:30:54AM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> > > Anthony Towns:
> > > I like. One minor nit:
> > > Giving the same rank to more than one option is permitted.
> > I think Anthony may be trying to leave that to the discretion of the
> > person preparing the ballot (the Project Secretary).
>
> Mainly I'm trying to not have to write it up.

Well, hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  :)

> > No, voters propose General Resolutions and amendments thereto, not
> > ballot options per se.
>
> *cough*

I don't understand.

Constitution A.2.3:

# The person who calls for a vote states what they believe the wordings
# of the resolution and any relevant amendments are, and consequently
# what form the ballot should take. However, the final decision on the
# form of ballot(s) is the Secretary's - see 7.1(1), 7.1(3) and A.3(6).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he