Re: Another proposal.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:12:46PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > if the quorum is 72, and seventy people vote, then quorom is not met,
> > and the vote is invalidated on those grounds. regardless if all vote ABF
> > and thus A has supermajority (at any ratio) over B and F.
>
> That would be bad.

I don't see why.  It would discourage spiteful voting.  ;-)

That is, if a vote fails to command the attention of the voters and is
tottering its way along to defeat for failure to meet quorum, it's rude
to lurch forward, voting against it anyway in a frenzied effort to
hammer the nails in.

Hey, if Anthony can argue in support of voting strategies he'd like to
see, I can argue against voting strategies I'd like to NOT see.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He