Re: Another proposal.

Hi,

Buddha Buck:
> > 70 people are for the proposal, 10 against, the remaining 20 refuse to
> > vote => the proposal fails.
>
> What do you mean "the proposal fails"?  Is it dead, and can't be
> resurrected?  Is it up for "further discusion", with a future revote?  I
> feel that a lack of quorum shouldn't be able to kill a measure, but
> forcing another vote on the issue after further discussion is fine, IMHO.

IMHO, any ballot with a quorum should have another non-quorum-ized option.
Thus we'd have separate "default option" = "the vote is dead", and
"further discussion" = "think more, and re-vote" items on the ballot.

That way, whether the vote is dead or not is for the voters to decide.

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/