Re: Unusual behaviour regarding default options and supermajority requirements.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:31:42AM +1100, Clinton wrote:
> So the current vote counting system, as far as I can tell, has the
> property that re-running an election with identical votes can produce a
> different result. Assuming that supermajority protection is generally
> designed to promote stability, it instead promotes instability, forcing
> people to re-raise identical amendments to finally produce a sencical
> result.

Err, i don't know anything about voting system, apart from what i read
lastly on debian-vote, but it seems to me that if you change the default
option, (that is the 'non of the above' on ballots, right) then you are
not rerunning the algorithm with identical votes, but then, i may be
wrong about this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther